Saturday, June 21, 2008

Saturdays

Hello darlings! I have to talk a little about last night before i proceed to today....

Last night Scott went out with his friends like usual (my friends are on vaca so i don't mind) and we went to bed VERY late because Rob was over due to a little squabble with Monica (but that's another story for another day,..we wont go there) I think we went to bed at 3ish. (I go to bed usually at like 9o'clock ha ah, i like sleep) Anywhoo, Scott has a really bad sleep walking/talking problem which most people would find creepy, i usually mess with him and just go along with what he says. WELL..Last night we were sleeping and he JUMPED out of the bed and yelled "THERES A SNAKE IN THE BED!" having Taylor in bed with us, of course my only reaction was to jump out of bed as fast as possible and assess the situation...I didn't realize until today that he was actually sleep walking and i would've been comfortable in bed instead of sleeping on the couch. But after he said that I said "WHERE? AND IS THAT POSSIBLE??" he said "I SWEAR I JUST SAW IT, I THINK IT WAS IN THIS BED.." and that's what got me thinking, and maybe it was because it was the middle of the night that i didn't think about that comment until this morning. Anyway, he searched the bed cautiously and said that he saw it again (i was standing there and he definitely did not see it, but he was throwing the comforter around so i just figured i wouldn't take a risk) After i threatened him that i would stay here because this story was pretty ridiculous he told me to take the chance if i wanted to but he was out of there...(i was scared and too tired to think) Again he insisted that he saw it and so he went to the closest couch to sleep on, and i got stuck with the small couch with the baby and no blanket but he was sleep walking so he wasn't going to be considerate at that point, so i sat there for a few minutes and went to the couch downstairs where Rob was playing video games (it must have been like 430 by then) and so i ignored the stealing of cars video game and went to sleep there and then. You think that this story is over huh? Think again, about an hour later Scottie comes running downstairs looks over at the couch where im sleeping and yells "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I say "SLEEPING WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE I'M DOING??" and so he walks away and goes and sleeps in the other room. OVERALL the worst night of his sleep walking other then the incidents where he has picked me up while i have been sleeping(while i was pregnant may i add) and dropped me on the other couch.

Anyhoo.....

Today was very very very boring. I should've had a garage sale Ana because i didn't even end up going to Scott's Dads house, we are going tomorrow instead. I cleaned the room since the whole flooding thing happened and that's really about it...we went to Walmart later on after Scott went fishing to buy baby food. We were supposed to go to a party tonight and mom was going to babysit but i got tired, i really have no desire to go to this shindig and i really need to get out of the house but no thanks. I will pass.

i hope everyone had a good weekend!

2 comments:

april said...

at first, i'm thinking, yeah, i love my sleep too and i love going to bed at 9 pm (i also thought rob and monica were a couple on a tv show that you just had to stay up late watching - sorry there), then i must say this story is hysterical!!! not that i would want to live any second of it and i can't say that i would have your grace being woken up in the middle of the night (i would either be pretty crabby or terrified about the whole snake thing). good luck, my dear. i thought i deserved a medal for sleeping next to a husband that snores like crazy all these years, but hands down this is worst (althought it does make for great blog stories.)

Analia and Co. said...

That is so funny! I didn't know that Scott sleep walks...I'd be scared that the snake would really be there! When you told Scott the story did he remember any of it?...probably not huh? That is probably a very hard thing to deal with. My Scott sleeps like a log and I always worry about having to be the one to defend us if a robber were to walk in on us.... and Scott was wearing his earplugs on top of his log sleeping!!! I have to admit, mom has said that I use to sleep walk when I was really little....got over that one, unless I'm still doing it and I ofcourse have no recollection and my husband is in such a "log" sleeping mode that I can just do it without anyone noticing it!!!ha, ha!