Friday, August 10, 2012

My touch


Since I moved into this house in December, I have not completely settled in. Yes I moved all of my stuff in but I haven't added any real personal touches. But all of the sudden after I read "Heaven is Here" by Stephanie Nielson something snapped inside of me that made me realize that I needed to be more domestic. That was 4 weeks ago and ever since then, I have made every single dish, cleaned my house from top to bottom, and now I am in the process of adding my touch to the rooms. 

I started with Cara's room. Her room was so bare before, there was nothing on the walls, and it was just pretty much a crib. I am not done but I will give you a sneak peak! 



People do not realize the fun and creativity you can have with thrifting. It's rare when I don't do it at least twice a week. When Scott asks me "Your going AGAIN?" I rationalize it by telling him- "Oh I'm just looking" and before he gets home from work I put all of my new treasures in a safe place. 
(Hahaha! Shh!  A girls gotta have a little fun right!?)


I am going to add freshly painted dressers and a white rocking chair with new pillows that I'm hoping one of my sisters can make for me because I am not quite there yet with my sewing. 

After I was done revamping Caras room a bit, I had to make dinner and a little dessert. I would snap some pictures, but A. I lost my Cannon camera in South Carolina (I know don't remind me...) and B. the problem with my meals are, they are DELICIOUS (or so I've been told) however the presentation lags. I have to work on that. But heres the recipes-
Bean-and-Beef Enchilada Casserole
  • 1/2
    pound lean ground beef
  • 1/2
    cup chopped onion
  • 1
    teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/2
    teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1
    15 ounce can black beans *rinsed
  • 1
    ounce can diced tomatoes with green chili peppers * comes in a can
  • 1
    ounce carton dairy sour cream or light dairy sour cream
  • 2
    tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/4
    teaspoon garlic powder
  • 8
    inches corn tortillas
  • 1
    10 ounce can enchilada sauce or one 101/2-ounce can tomato puree
  • 1
    cup shredded cheddar cheese 



directions
1.In a large skillet cook the ground beef, onion, chili powder, and cumin until onion is tender and meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir pinto beans and undrained chili peppers into meat mixture; set aside.
2.In a small mixing bowl stir together sour cream, flour, and garlic powder until combined; set aside.
3.Place half of the tortillas in the bottom of a lightly greased 2-quart rectangular baking dish, cutting to fit if necessary. Top with half of the meat mixture, half of the sour cream mixture, and half of the enchilada sauce. Repeat layers. Cover dish with plastic wrap; chill in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.

4.To serve: Preheat oven to 350F. Remove plastic wrap; cover dish with foil. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese and bake 5 minutes more. Makes 6 to 8 servings.

Enjoy! **Toodles


No comments: